Focus Magazine and Sea Brook Photography Challenge!
If you know your category, click here to go directly to the Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/groups/100KL
Beginning on January 1st, the owners of the Sea Brook scenic sim in association with FOCUS Magazine & Galleries will conduct a “Photographic Art Challenge.” Our goal is to challenge ALL photographic artisans in SL to create and exhibit their very best art. So many of us are hoping see a much brighter 2021 so we want to inspire and awaken the artistic soul in all of us!
Let’s raise our spirits while raising the bar of SL photography for 2021! Let’s challenge ourselves and our fellow artists to make it the best and brightest year for SL photography EVER! JOIN US!
Invite your friends to participate! Share on your blog, website, Instagram, Facebook… wherever! The prizes will total more than L$100,000!
Contest opens: Friday, January 1, 2021
Contest closes: Sunday, February 28, 2021 11:59 PM SLT
Winners announced: March 15, 2021 (Exact date TBD)
Rewards will be distributed in March 2021.
CATEGORIES– There are 7 categories: Abstract, Architecture/Décor, Black and White, Landscapes, Portraits, Sensuality (no full frontal nudity, genitals or porn), and Surrealism. – the category you choose must be listed in your photo’s description field in Flickr.
Those Pesky Rules and Stuff
- Photos must be rated safe or moderate.
- Photos will be submitted to http://www.flickr.com/groups/100KL
with the category you choose listed in your description field.
- Only ONE photo per category.
- PhotoShop and other post-editing software is encouraged but not necessary.
- Your photo does not have to be taken at the Sea Brook sim or FOCUS. You can take your photo anywhere and any way you like. The photo should be taken between December 1st 2020 and February 28th 2021.
- It must be a scene from Second Life. RL pics, morphs, collages made with non-SL full source graphics will not qualify.
- If your photo is chosen as a semi-finalist, it will be invited to a new Flickr group for your category. 25 Winners will be chosen from each category (a total of 175 photographers) and will receive a 250L award.
- There will be 3 winners from each category who will win 500L, 1000L and 1500L respectively. Those 21 winners will go on to compete for the GRAND PRIZE.
The GRAND PRIZE will be awarded to the TOP 3 winners out of the semi-finalists with an award of $10,000L, $15,000L and a TOP PRIZE is $30,000L!!!
- In addition, the TOP WINNERS will be interviewed for, and will have their own spreads in, FOCUS Magazine, as well as announcements in our various social media outlets.
- For everyone else, random photos will be chosen as the group cover bi-weekly and those photographers will receive a SURPRISE as well!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, Contact us.
- The photo must belong to you. Duplicate entries for the same photo are not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- he photo must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- By entering the contest and submitting your photo to the 100KL Flickr group, you acknowledge that FOCUS Magazine & Galleries may use your submitted image(s) and SL name for promotional purposes, marketing materials and publication (with appropriate credit given) and constitutes entrant’s consent to give royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, except where prohibited by law.
- Photos that comply with the above guidelines will be referred to as “Entries.” Entries that do not conform to these Official Rules and Conditions will not be accepted.
- HAVE FUN. This contest is meant to reward creativity and inspiration, not competition and negativity. If we find reason to remove you from the competition, the decision is final.